My mother and I are again from Paris, and the journey was the shot within the arm we each wanted. (Thanks for all of your recs!) I’m excited to write down an extended recap in a pair days — together with the place we stayed and ate — however within the meantime, only for enjoyable, I wished to share a couple of issues we noticed folks sporting. Right here goes…
1. Not breaking information, however I seen once more what number of French girls put on their hair windswept and bedhead-y, versus completely polished. Some humorous proof? After I stopped brushing my hair midway via our journey, extra shopkeepers spoke to me in French and at least three older French women approached me for instructions. (Finest three moments of my life lol.)
2. Jannelle not too long ago wrote about fanny packs, and holy smokes, the sac banane is A Factor in Paris. Most appeared to be from the model Rive Droit, and the XL in military green slung over the chest appeared particularly cool.
3. Talking of inexperienced, the colour was all over the place: blazers, shirts, sweaters, you title it. I like how inexperienced reads as a impartial however feels a little bit extra enjoyable than black, navy or tan, don’t you?
4. As at all times, many individuals have been sporting sneakers, together with Veja, Adidas, Nike and Reebok, however New Balance was the model we seen most. (I additionally just like the low profile of this ivory pair.)
5. Pearl rings. Throughout the week, we frolicked quite a bit with my good friend’s good friend Cassi, who lives in Paris and wears a pearl gumball ring. I’m unsure if it is a city-wide development, however I’m pointing it out regardless as a result of it was so attractive!
6. We noticed plenty of belted coats (even puffers) in lots of colours, like muted green (plus), black and red.
7. Scarves, on everybody, all over the place, at all times and without end. They’re such a simple strategy to make a cold-weather outfit look particular. Shaggy dog story: On my means residence, earlier than safety, the airport performed a particular video reminding folks to take away their scarves. An animated line drawing confirmed a French man in a shawl after which the headband floated off him. So humorous.
Ideas? Would you put on any, or do you already? In the event you dwell in Paris, do these ring true?
P.S. 5 things I spotted women wearing in Europe this summer time, and the weirdest best part of trips.
Leave a Reply