By Leo Babauta
At the beginning of the pandemic, within the midst of chaos and uncertainty, I launched Fearless Mastery, my small group teaching and mastermind program.
It was really good timing: my intention was to assist individuals practice to be open in the course of uncertainty, in order that they might do their goal work with pleasure.
During the last 2.5 years, it’s grown into precisely that, and one thing way more. I’d like to inform you somewhat about what I’ve been studying, as a result of it’s such a giant a part of my mission to assist individuals practice in uncertainty.
On this submit, I’m going to share the 2 most attention-grabbing issues I’ve realized via 5 cohorts of Fearless Mastery thus far (every cohort is 5 months lengthy):
- Going deep requires assist
- Operating collectively, we create one thing highly effective
Then I’ll share somewhat about what I’m most enthusiastic about within the subsequent spherical (which begins in January, with enrollment opening this month).
Going Deep Requires Help
The individuals who’ve jumped into Fearless Mastery have been brave of their willingness to work deeply with their patterns that present up once they put themselves into uncertainty. I’ve been extremely impressed by them!
After we step out into the unknown, we are likely to tense up, and search for guard rails. Inform me what to do, give me a information, let me go below the covers and conceal and choose myself. It’s freaking scary!
What I’ve realized is you can’t do this sort of transformative work alone. I’m somebody who resists this reality – I wish to conceal the stuff I’m battling and determine it out by myself, so I don’t should embarrass myself. This sort of hubris is so human! However time and again, I’ve been humbled. I’ve discovered I can’t do the toughest issues within the unknown, with out assist.
When individuals come into Fearless Mastery, they’re often hoping for a information, for data, for solutions. However what they discover, each time, is that they didn’t want extra data or how-tos. They wanted assist to go deeper.
In Fearless Mastery, a giant a part of that assist is me, my workforce and the opposite coaches. And the opposite a part of that assist is the opposite members — being part of a bunch doing this collectively modifications every little thing, and empowers one thing transformative.
Folks have shifted lifelong patterns of avoiding their significant work, of getting caught in indecision and self-doubt, of taking good care of everybody else however themselves, of avoiding tough conversations, of laying aside uncomfortable issues. It’s a few of the most transferring stuff on the earth.
The opposite factor I’m so impressed by is how highly effective it’s to run collectively. Like a wolf pack, or a workforce serving to one another get to the end line.
In Fearless Mastery, individuals kind lifelong bonds, and genuinely care about one another’s struggles and success. I can’t overstate how necessary that is! We don’t typically have individuals like that in our lives — people who find themselves not solely rooting for our success however actively serving to to make it occur.
For those who don’t have that already, then it’s attainable to deliberately create that. However it’s not straightforward. In Fearless Mastery, individuals typically have the expertise of feeling like they lastly discovered their individuals. It’s a sense of belonging, of individuals having your again, of lastly feeling understood.
When you will have this in your life, abruptly you turn out to be extra brave. You’ve gotten a sense of belief, in one another and in your self. Not belief that every little thing will work out completely, however you can deal with the bumps within the highway, since you’ve bought assist. This belief and feeling of working with others is a large drive multiplier.
What would it not be like in the event you instantly leveled up your goal work with this sort of a pack working with you?
What I’m Excited For Subsequent
The following 5-month cohort of Fearless Mastery is opening for enrollment this month, and begins in January. Every cohort, we discover methods to make it higher. It’s developed each single spherical, frequently getting higher and deeper, and I’m actually pleased with myself and my workforce for what we proceed to create.
Right here’s what I’m most excited for within the upcoming cohort:
- Elevated accountability & logging — we’ve been growing the rigor of our accountability system each spherical, and subsequent spherical we’ll be including a every day log that can deliver improved accountability.
- Elevated deal with working as a pack — we’ve all the time been a pack working collectively, however within the subsequent spherical we’ll deliver an elevated deal with this a part of issues, and invite individuals to get artistic with methods we may help one another attain our targets and get via struggles.
- First reside retreat!!! Launching within the pandemic has meant we’ve needed to forgo reside occasions thus far … however we’re lastly getting collectively in particular person within the Spring! Extra to come back on this quickly, however I’m completely thrilled by the concept of working with and enjoying with these inspiring individuals nose to nose.
- Elevated transformative reflection — I’ve been more and more trusting in individuals’s means to try what they don’t wish to see, with my assist. Folks in Fearless Mastery are deliberately shifting every little thing for themselves, and that requires that I replicate issues to them that they don’t need to try. I’m dedicated to that in an even bigger approach than ever earlier than, and excited for what we will create from that.
- Weekly micro teaching periods — we’ve been testing out a extremely cool construction the place members get a standing 15-minute session with a coach. It’s incredible — this retains you transferring all through the spherical. We’re going to roll it out for all members within the subsequent spherical.
- Teaching & group facilitator coaching — subsequent spherical, we’ll be rolling out a pilot program to coach individuals (who’ve gone via not less than one spherical as a participant) in facilitating teams like Fearless Mastery, which is a robust ability that may solely be realized via observe. We’ll even be beginning to practice individuals within the form of teaching that I do in this system, and that I do 1-on-1 with my teaching shoppers.
That is all along with the actually sturdy construction we’ve created in earlier cohorts: weekly calls and workplace hours, group work periods for elevated focus, month-to-month creator’s workshops, a neighborhood discussion board with weekly accountability and the flexibility to ask me questions, and 1-on-1 deep dives.
I’m so pleased with what we’ve created, and excited for what’s arising subsequent! For those who’re excited by studying extra, join one of many three workshops I’m internet hosting over the subsequent couple of weeks:
Workshop #1: Growing the Behavior of Self-Self-discipline
Date/Time: Tuesday, November eighth @ 9am Pacific / midday Japanese / 5pm London
Click Here to RSVP for Developing the Habit of Self Discipline
Workshop #2: The 7 Habits of Calmness
Date/Time: Friday, November eleventh @ 2pm Pacific / 5pm Japanese / 10pm London
Click Here to RSVP for The 7 Habits of Calmness
Workshop #3: A Roadmap to Overcoming Insecurity
Date/Time: Sunday, November thirteenth @ 11am Pacific / 2pm Japanese / 7pm London
Click Here to RSVP for a Roadmap for Overcoming Insecurity
Leave a Reply